Saturday, April 30, 2011

No Anthro Zone Review! Berry Months Dress! Confessions...

Confession #1 -  I wanted this dress to wear with my Chie Mihara Tosmos.  Can you blame me?
Confession #2 -  I didn't watch, nor did I care to watch the royal wedding. Shame on me!
Confession #3 - I re-ordered the Magellan Dress in the wrong size.  So I re-ordered it again and then sent it back.  I'm fickle like that.

Berry Months Dress - by We Love Vera - Anthro Orig $148 - April 2011
Anadyomene Cardi is Ivory - by Rosie Neira - Anthro Orig $88 - Apr 2011
Sliver Belt in Green - Anthro Orig $38 Sale $20 - Apr 2011
Tosmo in RED - by Chie Mihara - Far Fetch $329 - 041611

Update on my ever present and painful Trigger Thumb. I started bending my left thumb just a bit Tuesday.  Oh did it ever hurt after just a couple times.  I was certain that the very painful steroid injection from 2 weeks ago didn't work. But not so! Today I can bend my thumb to almost a normal angle. With no pain.  You have no idea how relieved I am.

But now I have two additional painful problems. The knob on my right wrist is now swollen from over use. It's twice the size it normally is. I'm icing my wrist as I type with my left.  On top of that, my left shoulder and bicep are screaming at me from overuse of my not so dominant left arm.  Blog rounds are just not possible.

Rest assured, Style GeoInCalifornia will go on as planned.  Photo shoot tomorrow.  Post and Voting Polls set for Monday.  In the mean time, I want to share with you another dress love.



No Anthro Zone Review:  Berry Months Dress by We Love Vera $148


My closet is screaming for Floral Prints and the color RED.  This dress satisfied a craving for both.  The combination of Red and Green pops on the Ivory background.  The Luscious Red Berries at the hem call for more Red on your feet. In steps the Chie Mihara Tosmos. The Vera Print is unique and tasteful.  Not childish! I love this dress even more than the Magellan Dress.  See my Review HERE.

SIZE: I ordered my normal size 4 in Anthro Brand Dresses. I'm 5'6" Tall, 130 Lbs, 35-28-36, 34C to D. Narrow through the shoulders. Large rib cage.




I wasn't impressed until I ironed the messy pleats out of the skirt. That's when I realized it was Dress Love.

FIT: I found this dress TTS, as did most reviewers. I first went at this bra less, but found the bodice fit unflattering. Commonly referred to as a Loaf. A convertible Bandeau helped to contain the Girls, since there is no support except for side boning. The top of the bodice is lined with Gel Tape for a more secure fit.  My large rib cage makes most strapless dresses constricting and uncomfortable. The back stretch panel let me breath comfortably with a flawless fit. I solved the high waist issue by dropping the straps down. The Length just covered my knees, making this the perfect Spring/Summer Dress for bare legs.

Berry Months Dress by We Love Vera - Anthro #148
Back Stretch Panel Gives a Flawless Fit
Hand Knit Cape by my Mother Nancy - Sometimes known as Mum With the Thumb
BELT: I am not one for little girl bows.  I tied the Belt Back to Front like an Obi.

Berry Months Dress - Belt tied like an Obi
DETAILS:
- Awesome Pockets
- Fully Lined in Ivory Poly (yuck) with lace trim
- We Love Vera
- Abundant Greenery and Artsy Red Strawberries
- Dark Green Bodice Trim
- Demure Length
- Back Stretch Panel
- Removable Straps. No matching print pouch for mine.
- Side Boning and Sticky Tape on Bodice
- Side zip, not back zip as Anthro described
- Hook and eye are too far apart
- Zipper did stick a little
- Rayon isn't my fabric of choice
- Needs ironing
- Didn't wrinkle too badly
- Long Belt can be tied multiple ways. Loops at the side.
- Excellent Construction

Shop the Berry Months Dress HERE.
Still available in most Regular Sizes and Larger Sizes for Petites
Stock is running very low

Playing Dress up was rewarding with the Berry Months Dress. This is one Fresh and Luscious Dress.
Now I leave you with some Food I mean Strawberries for thought.

Berry Months Dress - by We Love Vera - Anthro Orig $148 - April 2011
Outlook Belt - Anthro $28 - Jun 2009
Infinite Loop Sandals - by Matt Bernson - Anthro Orig $178 Sale $100 - May 2009

Berry Months Dress - by We Love Vera - Anthro Orig $148 - April 2011
Beloved Cardigan - by Leifdottir - Anthro Orig $288 Sale $90 - Jan 2009
Infinite Loop Sandals - by Matt Bernson - Anthro Orig $178 Sale $100 - May 2009


Berry Months Dress - by We Love Vera - Anthro Orig $148 - April 2011
Hand Knit Cape by my Mother Nancy - Sometimes known as Mum With the Thumb
Port-To-Port Heels - by Miss L Fire - Anthro Orig $158 Sale $80 - July 2008

I'm still looking for the ever elusive Pom Flower Shift in a Size 4.  I called 5 stores that had one size small dress at each.  It was a complete fail.  Perhaps it's not meant to be.


Pom Flower Dress RETAIL SKU# 19849660 - SIZE 4
Anthro's Pom Flower Shift


This isn't the half of it for the berry Months Dress.  I've got a few more stylings up my sleeve I'm saving for future OOTD's.

Anthro Sister Versatile Strawberry Dress Love, Laura (lauramartinsemail@yahoo.com)