Sunday, March 13, 2011

No Anthro Zone Reviews! Magellan and Land of Springs Dress - Should They Stay or Should They Go?

I ordered Anthro's Magellan Dress and Land of Springs Dress fully intending to return them and wait for sale. BIG MISTAKE! My heart tells me to keep them, while my logical side knows they will eventually go on sale. Which would be a savings of about $140.


Should They Stay or Should They Go?  


Land of Springs Dress
by Weston Wear $118
Magellan Dress
 by Maeve $158













Please help me decide!


No Anthro Zone Review - The Magellan Dress by Maeve - $158

The reviews speak for this awesome dress.  Since this is an Anthro Brand (Maeve), there are plenty of dresses in my size. Currently over 99 in stock.  It's been around for a few weeks. If I return this dress, I'm fairly certain my size will still be available if this dress goes on sale. The reviews are stellar.  But despite the fact that it's a great dress, it doesn't appear to be flying out the door online.  YET!

SIZE: I ordered a size SIX. I'm a FOUR in most Anthro Brands. TTS for Maeve.  Or order one size up from your average size. 5'6" Tall, 130 lbs, 35-28-36, 34C, larger than average rig cage, narrow across shoulders.  Low waisted!



FIT: INCREDIBLE!

No support or boning needed.

The top of the bodice is lined with sticky. The back has an inset elastic panel for comfort. Removable straps button in with two button holes to adjust strap length. The neckline is modest.  Can you believe that?










The overall length is at the knee.  The only fit issue I would have changed is to lower the waistline an inch or two.   The Neutral Take Away Belt (currently on sale) worn low, holds the slightly high waisted, poofy skirt down to give me some added length.

Take Away Belt and Preserved Gypsophila Necklace with Magellan Dress
Shop Anthro's TAKE AWAY BELT on Sale HERE

DETAILS:
1. Side zip equipped with BUTTON/LOOP half way up the inside.  This draws the two sides of the zipper together, making it a snap to zip the dress up. 
2. POCKETS!
3. Bodice and skirt fully lined.
4. 100% Cotton/Linen Blend that is MACHINE WASH - TUMBLE DRY.  Needs pressing.
5. Navy Blue Piping throughout
6. Three coordinating Fabrics. Navy Blue and Tan, with Yellow in the waistband and print 
7. No support needed
8. Belt can wrap twice. Appears to be woven plastic coated string in Black and White.  A little stiff, but it works.
9. Size up if Busty.

Shop Anthro's MAGELLAN DRESS HERE

Recommended! The details alone make this dress worth a FULL PRICE splurge. I have already identified several styles for outfits  With strappy sandals in Yellow, Tan, Red or Navy.  A short Vintage Cardi.  I love the idea of Neutral accessories, like the Preserved Gypsophila Necklace.




No Anthro Zone Review - The Preserved Gypsophila Necklace 
by De Jarnette - $68

Gypsophila is Baby's Breath!

Anthro's Ephemera Necklace
by De Jarnette with Perthshire Dress
I adore my Ephemera Necklace by De Jarnette of New Orleans. There is no doubt the multiple clusters of Glass Bubbles act as a clear statement. There are times that I have wished for a similar, delicate, less statement Necklace. 

DETAILS: The online photo makes this Necklace look longer than it is.  This is a short 18 inch chain.  The base metal is brass but looks like Sterling.  Coming from De Jarnette, I expect the chain to maintain it's shine like the clasp of the Ephemera. 

BUBBLES:  The Ephemera is made from opalescent glass, while this Necklace is made from clear glass so the Baby's Breath is clearly visible.




Shop Anthro's PRESERVED GYPSOPHILA NECKLACE HERE.

Preserved Gypsophila Necklace with
Magellan Dress
Preserved Gypsophila Necklace with
Land of Springs Dress























ISSUE: The chain moves freely between the bubbles and will break the delicate Baby's Breath over time.

Recommended! Treat with care!

This Necklace is delicate and provides a versatile Neutral Tone for Spring/Summer Styles.  I had no problem pairing it up with The Magellan Dress and the Land of Springs Dress.


No Anthro Zone Review - The Land of Springs Dress by Weston Wear - $118

This could be the first Striped Dress I have ever owned. The dress is a 4 star for online reviews.  I was on the fence when I discovered it's Dry Clean and the fabric is Rayon/Polyester.  After seeing this styled on the model, I was intrigued by the cut. Just the fact that the draped, striped bodice flatters busty me, is enough to make me want it now.

SIZE:  Most reviews suggest TTS. I ordered my normal SMALL from online. 5'6" Tall, 130 lbs, 35-28-36, 34C, narrow across shoulders.  

FIT: Dresses that sit at my low waist, elongate my torso and offer a more flattering fit. This dress does exactly that. The bodice fits nicely too.  Not too drapey, or loose.

The draped stripes do not emphasize a larger bust. 















WooHoo!  Those are some WHITE LEGS!  Rarely, do I find a dress that is flattering on me from the side

DETAILS: 
1.  Flattering on BUSTY BABES!
2.  Adjustable knots at shoulders.
3.  Skirt is fully lined, but not anchored to shell. I am considering tacking each side at the hemline so the lining will not ride up.  
4. The bodice is double lined with the same striped fabric.
5. The back is a single layer. 
6. No Pockets.
7. TTS
8. Dry Clean
9. Rayon/Polyester

This could also be the first Weston Wear I have ever owned

Shop Anthro's LAND OF SPRINGS DRESS HERE.

Fully recommend! Also looks incredible with the Take Away Belt and Preserved Gypsophila Necklace. The fabric may not be for everyone. I love the fact that it's entirely different from anything in my closet. As a BUSTY GAL, this dress is worth a FULL PRICE splurge because the stripes and side view are flattering.


Land of Springs Dress with Preserved Gypsophila Necklace
and Take Away Belt
Everything in this order lined up perfectly.  Much better than I ever expected. Both dresses fit great and are flattering. The Belt and Necklace work well together as accessories for each dress.

The weather is already warming to near 80 degrees F. 

Now I'm having second thoughts about returning the dresses and waiting for sale.


But the potential saving of $140 is plaguing me with guilt.  

I know all you ladies have experienced emotional attachments to clothing at one time or another.  The heart gets in the way of making rational decisions.  This isn't something that happens often for me. So I need your help either way.

Should They Stay or Should They Go?  

I've already decided the Preserved Gypsophila Necklace is a keeper. So don't try to talk me out of the necklace.

Anthro Sister Love, Laura (lauramartinsemail@yahoo.com)