Saturday, April 9, 2011

Me Pot O' Gold! No Anthro Zone Coming Attractions!

Every now and again I pull a Vintage Anthro out of my Closet for a day in the sun.  This is one of those truly lovely Vintage Treasures that will always have a place in my heart and reserved space in my Closet

The Prima Ballerina Cardi by Manoush is a Masterful Work of Art, drafted in 100% Merino Wool with a Tea Stained, Pleated Silk Skirt. 
Prima Ballerina Cardigan - by Manoush - Anthro Orig $268 Sale $70 - Nov 2008
Wide Leg Trousers - by Pilcro - Anthro Orig $128 Sale $70 - Mar 2010
Pot of Gold Heels in Seafoam - by Seychelles - Seychelles $90 - Mar 2011
Toasted Meringue Cuff - by Lee Angel - Anthro Orig $198 Sale $100 - Mar 2010
Owl's Nest Necklace - Anthro $48 - Feb 2010
Versatility NOT included.  It takes a certain amount of panache to figure out what to do with this Anthro Treasure.  Something I wasn't blessed with.  Every time I wear this Cardi I stye it with Jeans. Except once, over the Babergh Dress.

See me wear the Prima Ballerina with the Babergh Dress HERE

Way back in November 2008, this lovely, Soft Cardi arrived looking like it had been through the wringer.  I picked it up as a Pop Back after the price dropped from $268 to $70. Someone must have carelessly grabbed both sides and pulled the snaps open. That's the only explanation for every snap left dangling from threads. It took hours to sew the snaps back in place.


Prima Ballerina Cardigan - by Manoush - Anthro Orig $268 Sale $70 - Nov 2008
Toasted Meringue Cuff - by Lee Angel - Anthro Orig $198 Sale $100 - Mar 2010
Owl's Nest Necklace - Anthro $48 - Feb 2010
 Today I went with Anthro's Wide Leg Jeans by Pilcro...

Prima Ballarina Cardigan - by Manoush - Anthro Orig $268 Sale $70 - Nov 2008
Wide Leg Trousers - by Pilcro - Anthro Orig $128 Sale $70 - Mar 2010
Pot of Gold Heels in Seafoam - by Seychelles - Seychelles $90 - Mar 2011
Toasted Meringue Cuff - by Lee Angel - Anthro Orig $198 Sale $100 - Mar 2010
Owl's Nest Necklace - Anthro $48 - Feb 2010
The Pot of Gold Heels by Seychelles.  And a well known Anthro Statement piece, The Owl's Nest Necklace.  My Necklace may have been the last one in existence. It arrived in several pieces, but repairable with glue and a few jump rings. 

I was feeling punchy.  A second statement was in order.  The clear stone in the center of Anthro's Toasted Meringue Cuff by Lee Angel, is very similar to the Purple and Blue Flower brooch in the Owl's Nest. 

I was smitten by me first glimpse of the Pot O' Gold Heels on Modcloth.  They Sold Out before I had a chance to gasp with sheer delight!

Just for you, I performed some fancy foot work, in case you want a Pot O' Gold for yourself.

Shop Seychelles Pot of Gold Heels at Nordstroms HERE for $89.95 and FREE SHIP, in Taupe and Black
Shop Pot of Gold at Zappos HERE for $90 and FREE SHIP, in Taupe, Black and Seafoam seen above
Shop Pot of Gold at Seychelles Footwear HERE for $90 plus shipping, in Taupe, Black and Seafoam
Or
You can pick them up at Anthropologie HERE for $90 plus shipping in Taupe only

See the lovely Mandy of Bobs and DooDads enjoying  her very own Pot of Gold.


Anthro cancelled my Star Mail Necklace in Capricorn from Tuesday's Jewelry sale.

BooHoo! 


Star Mail Necklace - Anthro Orig $118 Sale $50 - Apr 2011

The truth is, I'm much happier that Moths Any-Other-Rose-Cardi, a fluke addition from at least 1.5 years ago, actually shipped. 

Yay! 



Any-Other-Rose Cardi - by Moth - Anthro Orig $118 Sale $60 - Apr 2011

I would rather keep the Cardi and loose the Necklace.  Of course having them both would have been stellar.  You win some!  You loose some!

COMING ATTRACTION: No Anthro Zone Reviews 

The Mompos Dress!  A Plenty by Tracy Reese.  I'm very happy to announce that the issues reported by the initial reviewers, were not encountered in my No Anthro Zone.

Other reviews include Anthro's Sveaborg Picnic Clogs by Lucky Penny, and the Cut Sprigs Heels by Giraudon.

Weekend Sister Love, from a No Anthro Zone, Laura (lauramartinsemail)@yahoo.com