|Style #1 - Yellow Cloud Dress Styled for Fall|
Today's Post introduces Style #1 of a Series. The challenge comes from a lovely Reader (Jessica-chefjess), who purchased the Yellow Cloud Dress from my Blog sale. There are three specific requests in the challenge.
1. To offer Fall styling ideas that include the Yellow Cloud Dress. Not an easy task, since this is clearly a Bright Sunny Yellow Summer Dress.
2. To include a scarf or sweater that acts as a buffer between the Bright Yellow Dress and her olive complexion.
3. To challenge my Readers for suggestions and ideas.
Initially I suggested that Jessica try a pullover sweater that would treat the dress like a skirt. She did this with success.
Keep in mind that I have never seen Jessica. Also, my color choices are complimentary to me. Choosing colors that compliment olive tones was not part of the Challenge. And last but not least, I work in the oil fields and know nothing about style. I break rules I know and probably many I don't know.
|Yellow Cloud Dress - by Floreat - Anthro Orig $178, Sale $90, eBay new $40 - Apr 2010|
See my Summer Style for the Yellow Cloud here.
|Yellow Cloud Dress with Pin Dot Tights and Proscenium Cardi in Navy|
I immediately break the rule that states "Dark tights are a No-No below light garments." The notion is shot down by the long draped front of the Navy Proscenium Cardi. The dark tights and cardi are now in very close proximity, and act to break up the wide strip of brightly colored dress.
|Proscenium Cardi in Navy - by Splendid |
Anthro Orig $68 - Jun 2010
|Pin Dot Tights in Navy - Carmel CA Anthro|
Sale $5 - Apr 2010
Anthro's Rensselaer T straps offers eye catching depth with cutout suede detail that is in keeping with the floral buffer scarf. One of many scarves lovingly made by my Mother. Both the scarf and the Tripp Laptop Bag add the bright color that keeps the dress from looking out of place among so much dark Navy.
|Yellow Cloud Dress with Proscenium Cardi Styled for Fall|
- Choose a drape front Cardi in a solid dark color that coordinates with the dress. Navy was an easy choice for Yellow.
- Tie the bag to either the scarf, shoes or both.
Styles Two, Three and Four are completly different.
|Yellow Cloud Dress with Rensselaer T Straps and Orla Kiely Tripp Laptop Bag|