Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Inspiration That Rocks! Style #5 - Petrified Wood!


Petrified Wood - Arizona

This weeks Inspiration That Rocks Outfit is brought to you by Petrified Wood

Petrified Wood is the fossilized remains of terrestrial vegetation, or the result of a tree having turned completely into stone by the process of permineralization. All the organic materials have been replaced with minerals while retaining the original structure of the wood.



Reader Submitted Petrified Wood Photo
 
This photo was sent by a Reader that has submitted a photo every week since this Series began. She is also from my home town of Bakersfield CA. I applaud her for her dedication.


Molded and Melded Tee - by C Keer - Anthro Orig $48 Sale $29 - Oct 2010
Washi Wrap Skirt - by Fei - Anthro Orig $88 Sale $40 - March 2011
Sulky Belt in Brown - Anthro $48 - Feb 2011
Tour De Jewels Necklace - Anthro Orig $38 Sale $20 - March 2011

 The first item I chose for this outfit was inspired by the impression of what looks like a flower in the very center of the slice of Petrified Wood.  This is the heart of the tree from which concentric growth rings form. Think concentric growth rings...


All the above inspiration was captured by Anthro's TOUR DE JEWELS NECKLACE.  The next piece to fall into place was the WASHI WRAP SKIRT by Fei.  Both the Necklace and Skirt were purchased during last Wednesday's Anthro Sale. I had no idea when I ordered these from last weeks Anthro's sale, they would become inspired items for this weeks Outfit.

Shop Anthro's WASHI WRAP SKIRT on sale HERE.
The TOUR DE JEWELS NECKLACE sold out the same day.



Here I am on the Kern River Weir prancing about taking photos of myself.  Of course to me and you, I'm simply having fun photographing an outfit.  But to everyone else on that bridge, I'm an egotistical maniac. So, down the bridge on bikes comes one of the Big Bosses and an old friend and colleague, Thanh.  To my dismay, they saw me and stopped! I was mortified!

I explained that I was dressed like Petrified Wood.  Do you think they understood what I meant? 
 
Doubtfull!


Everything that comes by way of  Inspiration is quick and easy.  Everything else is time consuming LOGIC.  In a nut shell, the rest of the outfit slowly came together in a series of short styling sessions.  The most difficult piece was the top.  I only have two Grey tops.  I went back and forth between them along with an Ivory Tank.  Finally deciding on THE MOLDED AND MELDED TEE.


 

Molded and Melded Tee - by C Keer - Anthro Orig $48 Sale $29 - Oct 2010
Washi Wrap Skirt - by Fei - Anthro Orig $88 Sale $40 - March 2011
Drawn To You Cardi - by Lilka - Anthro Orig $68 Sale $40 - Jan 2011
Sulky Belt in Brown - Anthro $48 - Feb 2011
Striped Tight Red Motif - by Eloise - Anthro Orig $18, Sale $10 - Apr 2010
Malted Barley Boots - by Area Forte - Anthro Orig $378, Sale $190  - Apr 2010
Tour De Jewels Necklace - Anthro Orig $38 Sale $20 - March 2011

The Golden Brown SULKY BELT compliments the Dark Orange Skirt and Grey M and M Top.  This Belt sold out online a few weeks ago.  I ordered it from a Store. And that color just happened to be a perfect match to the MALTED MARLEY BOOTS by Area Forte. I honestly thought the STRIPED TIGHTS in Red (actually pinkish-orange) would be too much Orange below the skirt.  But the fact is they tie the Skirt to the Boots smoothly. I've worn this combination of Boots and Tights before HERE.

 

Striped Tight Red Motif - by Eloise - Anthro Orig $18, Sale $10 - Apr 2010
Malted Barley Boots - by Area Forte - Anthro Orig $378, Sale $190 - From Oct 2009 Hidden Catalog Stock - Apr 2010


The last and final item was a struggle to match with any of the three tops I tried.  In attempting to stay in step with the Season, I wanted to include a Jacket, Sweater or Cardi, despite the fact that it was a balmy 70 degrees on the Weir.  In addition, I felt the need to round out the color scheme with White or Ivory from the Petrified Wood.  I finally hit on the DRAWN TO YOU CARDI by Lilka.



 


That's a wrap for Inspiration That Rocks STYLE #5 for Petrified Wood. 

If you are a new arrival for this Inspirational Series, you can view the previous Rock and Mineral Inspired Outfits below.


If you would like to submit a photo for the final post please see Guidelines and Information for Photo Submission and Giveaway at the bottom of a Post HERE.

Anthro Sister Love That Rocks, Laura (lauramartinsemail)@yahoo.com