Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Inspiration That Rocks! #6 Labradorite!

UPDATE: Should They Stay or Should They Go?

It seems I was hit with the Antho Domino Effect (ADE) by Jen of Vintageglammz.  You see, I clicked everyone's link to their favorite things in the comment section of Jess's Blog "What Jess Likes" .  Who wouldn't want to see everyone's favorite thing?

When I clicked on Jen's link ........I found my new favorite thing.

Try it for yourself by clicking HERE.

Now you know why I had to send Anthro's Magellan Dress and Land of Springs Dress on their merry way.  I will pick them up later on sale.

I'm normally organized to the extent of obsession.  To my dismay, I deleted the email, and along with it the email address, of the owner of today's Inspiration That Rocks Photo.

*****Leana,  Please reply to lauramartinsemail@yahoo.com*****

RECAP

Since I have identified the owner of the image for Style #6, It's time to reveal the identity of all the Ladies behind each exceptional Inspirational Rock, Mineral and Fossil Photo. 

Style 2 - Opal - submitted by Saskia
Style 3 - Bismuth - submitted by Keiko of Keiko's TanPoPo
Style 4 - Ammolite - submitted by JG of Stuff Jewish Girls Like
Style 5 - Fossilized Wood - Submitted by Karen 

Polls will open this Friday March 18th with a complete recap of Style 2-6.  A beautiful Handmade Vintage Tatted Snowflake Necklace (this one has seed pearls) will go to the owner of the Photo used to style the winning outfit.

Style #1 was my example and won't be counted. All scheduled dates and info for Voting and Giveaway at the bottom of a previous Post HERE.

Inspiration That Rocks!  Style #6

Leana's Photo Submission of Labradorite
Labradorite is a feldspar comprised of a silicate mineral. The beautiful colors are a product of a unique light refracting characteristic known as Labradorescence.  Some types of Labradorite are known as moonstone or sunstone.

Draped Denim Dress - by Maeve - Anthro Orig $128 Sale $70 - Feb 2011
Parted Petals Cardi - by Field and Flower - Anthro Orig $98 Sale $50 - May 2010
Long Ago Far Away Belt in Blue - Anthro Orig $298 Sale $70 - Feb 2011
Vintage Inspired Peep Toe Platform Pumps - by the Frye Shoe Co - Zappos $170 - Apr 2009
Tripp Laptop Bag in Car Print - by Orla Kiely SS10 - eBay $224 - Apr 2010
Mazer Bros Vintage Necklace and Earrings - Belonged to Grandmother
Clear Bangle - Commemorative Anthro Gift for Maryland Accessory Store - Dec 2010
Two weeks ago, I was attempting to muster inspiration from Rock and Mineral Photos.   It was then I noticed a common pattern and color in both the Labradorite and Anthro's DRAPED DENIM DRESS by Maeve.

Shop Anthro's Draped Denim Dress by Maeve on a 2nd cut HERE.
Since I re-ordered this dress, I was able to pick up a 2nd cut credit.





Elongated Linear 
Blue Crystals in the photo 
of  Labradorite








Elongated Linear Blue
Pleats on the skirt
 of Anthro's Dress






When the rest of the outfit didn't materialize as easily, I filed this new found info away in my neatly organized brain (ha-ha) for future consideration.

Kern County Museum Oilfield Equipment Display at Pioneer Village in Bakersfield CA
Elongated Linear Blue Pipes!

When I started Inspiration That Rocks 5 weeks ago, I had this crazy idea to include background that contains inspired characteristics. In the above photo, it's easy to see the common elongated pattern and color in the Oilfield Equipment Display?

 I couldn't have been happier if I had a 3 foot slab of Labradorite behind me

Parted Petals Cardi - by Field and Flower - Anthro Orig $98 Sale $50 - May 2010


A few days ago, the DRAPED DENIM DRESS arrived as a re-order in an XS. Now was the time to further investigate the possibilities.  

I quickly zoned in on Anthro's PARTED PETALS CARDI by Field and Flower.  I've worn this Cardi once in 10 months. Why?  It looks best buttoned, but tends to ride up above my chest.  You can see a noticeable wrinkle in almost every photo. Those are the times I forgot to pull the sides down.  I just don't find it very flattering on BUSTY ME.  Cute yes!

What is obvious in the Cardi, is the Blue Color Palette.  I know this doesn't compare to the gorgeous translucent quality of the Labradorescense in the Mineral. Perhaps I will find an accessory that has this characteristic.



The rest of the outfit is more logical than it is inspired.

You really must click on the Blue link to fully appreciate the belt.  The best part is hidden under the Cardi. I picked the belt up on second cut.  From $298 down to $70.  Woohoo!

Tripp Laptop Bag in Car Print - by Orla Kiely SS10 - eBay $224 - Apr 2010
Vintage Inspired Peep Toe Platform Pumps - by the Frye Shoe Co - Zappos $170 - Apr 2009
Clear Bangle - Commemorative Anthro Gift for Maryland Accessory Store - Dec 2010

More Fandangles and Fixations...


1940's Art Deco Set by Mazer Bros  - Belonged to Grandmother
This qualifies as the promised translucent accessory!

MAZER BROS circa 1940's Art Deco rhodium-plated necklace of alternating emerald-cut and square rhinestones with ornate fold-over clasp set with clear round and baguette rhinestones. Phew!

The stones are glass or what is commonly referred to as PASTE. 

Don't forget to come back Friday and vote for your favorite Inspiration That Rocks Outfit!

Anthro Sister Outfit Rockin' Love, Laura (lauramartinsemail)@yahoo.com