Monday, February 7, 2011

The In The Trees Comes to Life for Jamie! The Incentive for Inspiration That Rocks!

Last week, the Beautiful and Masterful Miss Jamie of Thrifty Threads, created Four Superb Styles for me using the In The Tree Skirt by Floreat and my Virtual Closet.  Jamie and I both own this skirt.  See her Post HERE.

I thought I would thank her by attempting to style her FOUR outfits.  Today I'm starting with Outfit #2. 

Trickle Down Top in Green - by Deletta - Anthro Orig $58 Sale $29 - Dec 2010
Good Tidings Cardi - by Leifsdottir - Anthro Orig $248 Sale $60 - Oct 2008
Friendly Terrain Belt Red - Anthro Orig $34 Sale $20 - Dec 2010
In The Trees Skirt - by Floreat - Anthro Orig. $158, Sale $80 - Nov 2010
Opaque Tights in Red - by Hue - Anthro Orig $12 Sale $7 - Jan 2011
Loose Rein Boots - by Miss Albright - Anthro Orig $268 Sale $140 Red Tag $105 - Dec 2010
Necklace and Lotus Bracelet - Faceted Garnet with Sterling - by Sundance - Apr 2009

Jamie's pick for the top was Anthro's Sand Daisy Tunic by Velvet.  She suggested that I tuck this top in.  I tried her suggestion but realized that I would not be able to remove my outer layer in the office, since the top is a tank.  So I went with a substitution in Anthro's Trickle Down Top in Green by Deletta.  I really liked the idea of carrying the Olive Green color of the Boots...UP!


Trickle Down Top in Green - by Deletta - Anthro Orig $58 Sale $29 - Dec 2010
Friendly Terrain Belt Red - Anthro Orig $34 Sale $20 - Dec 2010
In The Trees Skirt - by Floreat - Anthro Orig. $158, Sale $80 - Nov 2010
Opaque Tights in Red - by Hue - Anthro Orig $12 Sale $7 - Jan 2011
Loose Rein Boots - by Miss Albright - Anthro Orig $268 Sale $140 Red Tag $105 - Dec 2010

Necklace and Lotus Bracelet - Faceted Garnet with Sterling - by Sundance - Apr 2009
See me wear the Trickle Down Top in Blue with the In The Trees Skirt ...HERE.

Jamie's pick for the sweater was Anthro's Haviland Sweatercoat by HWR Monogram.  Since I changed up Jamie's choice for the top, I also needed to change up her choice for the Sweater.  The Trickle Down just has too much going on in the way of ruffles that the Haviland Sweatercoat could not conceal at the neckline. So I went with Anthro's Good Tiding Cardi by Leifsdottir.  This short sweater also allows for the waist detail of the skirt to shine.
Good Tidings Cardi - by Leifsdottir - Anthro Orig $248 Sale $60 - Oct 2008
I added Anthro's Friendly Terrain Belt in Red at the waistline of Anthro's In The Trees Skirt by Floreat.

Now for my favorite aspect of Jamie's brilliant styling idea.  The pairing of Hue's Opaque Tights in Red  and Anthro's Loose Rein Boots by Miss Albright.  I fell hard for the Red and Olive Green component.  Making this outfit my favorite of the Four Jamie Styles.  And also the reason I am styling them out of order. 

Opaque Tights in Red - by Hue - Anthro Orig $12 Sale $7 - Jan 2011
Loose Rein Boots - by Miss Albright - Anthro Orig $268 Sale $140 Red Tag $105 - Dec 2010

Necklace and Lotus Bracelet of Faceted Garnet with Sterling - by Sundance - Apr 2009

I threw in a little touch of Red at the Neckline and wrist by way of a Faceted Garnet with Sterling Necklace and Lotus Bracelet by Sundance.


I am making it my goal to answer the remaining Three Outfit's that Jamie's styled from my Virtual Closet before Spring is upon us.

I hope Jamie approves of the changes I made! Thank you Jamie!

Oh no it's a schedule!  I thought it was necessary for the ROCK and MINERAL Inspired Styling and Giveaway! If I was scratching my head, then I knew everyone else had to be just as confused.

SCHEDULE:

Outfit 1 - Post Wed Feb 9th (using inspiration from my Collection to get this Challenge started)
Outfit 2 - Post Wed Feb 16th - Submissions current until Sat Feb 12th
Outfit 3 - Post Wed Feb 23rd - Submissions Sun Feb 13th thru Sat Feb 19th
Outfit 4 - Post Wed Mar 2nd - Submissions Sun Feb 20th thru Sat Feb 26th
Outfit 5 - Post Wed Mar 9th - Submissions Sun Feb 27th thru Sat Mar 5th
Outfit 6 - Post Wed Mar 16th - Submissions Sun Mar 6th thru Sat Mar 12th
The Vote - Friday March 18th thru Mon March 21nd.
Winner of the Incentive shown below - announced Tues March 22nd.

GUIDELINES: 

1. Send one photo per submission period (see schedule) of a ROCK or MINERAL from the Internet or elsewhere.

2. Rock must be under natural light.  Remember that I have to ID this rock without testing for hardness determined by the MOH's hardness scale.  I also can't drop HCL on it to determine if it's a carbonate rock.  I also can't break it to determine cleavage. I will let you know if it's impossible to ID, and you can submit another for the week.

3. Do not tell me the name of your specimen. Make sure you know the name. I have to identify the specimens.

4. I will create an outfit each week on Wednesday for 5 weeks using a chosen photo as inspiration.  I will identify all the submissions on the day of the Post.

5. If I use your photo for inspiration you will be entered in the vote for the winning style and the Giveaway.

THE INCENTIVE:

The winner is determined by who submitted the photo of the Rock or Mineral I used for inspiration to style the winning outfit. 

If you submit a photo for each of the 5 styles you have a higher chance of winning. 

The more creative and do-able the submission the higher the chance you have of winning.

Everyone will vote once for one of the 5 styles.   

I WILL NOT be revealing the names of those that submitted my chosen inspiration photo from each weeks pool of photos.

THE INCENTIVE:




I hinted about this item last December.  Not entirely sure where I was going with the idea. The prize is one Vintage Tatted Snowflake that hung on the family Christmas Tree for many years.  I took it off my own necklace worn in this POST.  My Mother tatted this unique piece over 35 years ago.  This is heirloom quality lace that will last for centuries. The snowflake measures 2 inches and has seed pearls incorporated into the tatting, the chain is 20 inches long with a lobster claw closure and small blue decorative bead. 

All you have to do to enter the Giveaway is submit photos by email (lauramartinsemail@yahoo.com). one per submission week. 

Lets Rock this Challenge!

Anthro Sister Love, Laura