Monday, March 28, 2011

What's in Your Macchiato? Engineers Spotted!

It was chilly and windy today, but signs of Spring are evident.

I had to make a deal with the bees to take this photo.



Macchiato Jumper - by Zehaval - Anthro Atlanta Orig $148 Sale $40 - Jan 2011
Haviland Sweatercoat - by Monogram - eBay using EZSniper $96 Dec 2010 - Vintage Anthro Orig $168 from Oct 2007
Vintage Tatted Snowflake Ornament Necklace - Jan 2011
Warm Sugar Bracelet - Etsy Shop MudandMint $43 -

Opal, Calcite, Bronzite, Moonstone, Rutilated Quartz - May 2009

The rich, chocolate brown corduroy of Anthro's MACCHIATO JUMPER by Zehaval, seemed appropriate for a blustery day.  The lacy bodice and hemline like Buttercream for a Chocolate Layered Dress.



Shop the Macchiato in Size 4 on eBay HERE
I am wearing a 6.  The dress runs small.

By the time I left the Park, my hair was a poofy, wind tossed mess. 



More Buttercream in the form of the HAVILAND SWEATERCOAT by Monogram.

I swear, seeing myself in this much sought after Anthro coat is magical. After 2.5 years of loosing auctions on this rare coat, I used a Snipping Service to bid and WIN.  I wasn't even following the closing auction at the time.  This is a completely hassle and stress free way to win.




Macchiato Jumper - by Zehaval - Anthro Atlanta Orig $148 Sale $40 - Jan 2011
Plum Paisley Tights - by Tintoretta - Anthro Orig $18 Sale $10 - Nov 2010
Charlotte Ivory Combo - by Re-Mix Vintage Footwear - $178 - Nov 2008
Vintage Tatted Snowflake Ornament Necklace - Jan 2011
Warm Sugar Bracelet - Etsy Shop MudandMint $43

Opal, Calcite, Bronzite, Moonstone, Rutilated Quartz - May 2009

The idea to wear Anthro's PLUM PAISLEY TIGHTS by Tintoretta with the Macchiato, came from another Blogger.  Please reach out and cyber smack me right in the middle of my forehead, because I can't remember who it was. 

Will the originator of this idea Please step forward and take credit!

If I had stepped in front of a full length mirror this morning, I might have reconsidered wearing my CHARLOTTE'S in IVORY by Re-Mix Vintage Shoes.  The light color seems out of place when I look at the full picture.  But when I look at the dress down, the shoes fit the picture.

Shop the Charlotte's in Ivory and other colors at Re-Mix HERE



Vintage Tatted Snowflake Ornament Necklace - Jan 2011
 This is the only Snowflake to hit Bakersfield all Winter.  And it's a beautiful one at that.  Thanks Mom!

Bees were crawling all over these bushes, but not one landed in my photo.




Warm Sugar Bracelet - Etsy Shop MudandMint $43
Opal, Calcite, Bronzite, Moonstone, Rutilated Quartz - May 2009
  MudandMint is one of my favorite Etsy Jewelry Shops.  The owner went on vacation in 2009.  She was supposed to re-open a few months later.  I'm still waiting for a notification.  Nothing in over 1.5 years. 

WARM SUGAR BRACELET by Esty Shop MudandMint

What about those Engineers?

I spotted a couple of guys and one gal by the lake at RiverWalk Park next to my office.  They had this gadget on the grass.

Gas powered winch!

They were putting this large wood object in the lake.  Initially, I thought they were dredging the lake for a body.  Don't laugh!  People have drowned in the lake before.

They told me what they used this winch for.  I was amazed. 

Then it hit me!  I asked if they were Engineers.  Yes, from San Diego State.  I knew it. 

Ski Jump - If you look closely you can see the winch line running through the Photo!

They use the gas powered winch to pull them across the lake on Wake Boards.  Ingenious!  They built this contraption and the jump.



Only an Engineer would think of this.  Unlike canal surfing with an automobile tow, this is legal. 

You may recall that I submitted my Tax Returns last Monday.  My State refund has was deposited on Saturday.  That is an amazing turn around.

Are yours done yet?  May I suggest Turbo Tax.  It's fast and easy! BTW, I am not getting paid for the suggestion. I just want to help!

Anthro Sister Macchiato Love, Laura (lauramartinsemail@yahoo.com)