Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Tippi Borrows from The Mompos!



Greetings!  I lined up another successful Tippi Match over the weekend, with the help of LC of Bella Seattle.  LC discovered a lone Tippi Dress at a Seattle area Anthro. I checked my Tippi Matchmaker List and sure enough, Natalie was still looking for a Tippi.  After several phone calls, Natalie had no luck with an SA finding the Tippi.  Shortly after, LC informed me that the dress was on a rack by the door. Finally, Natalie got hold of a Sales Associate that went looking for a dress, that was now described to her, and on a rack by the door.  Success.  What made the deal sweeter was, she picked up her Tippi at the 25% Red Tag discount.

Search Tips:  If you are looking for a special item by phone, it helps to give as much information as possible, including a description of the item and the possible location in the store. Style numbers are usually necessary, but they won't find a dress that hasn't been entered in the stores inventory control system.  And be aware that SA's don't always know the online names.

Tippi Dress - by Anna Sui - Anthro Orig $268 Sale $140 - May 2011
Finest Hour Heels - by Miss Albright - Anthro Orig $158 Sale $80 Burlingame CA Peggy - May 2011
Butterfly Cuff - by Jessica Kagan Cushman - Max and Chloe $170 - March 2010
A few weeks ago I inquired about purchasing a Black Cardigan.  An overwhelming number of Ladies suggested J Crew's Jackie Cardigan.  I was hesitant. I find it difficult to spend $62 on a plain cardigan.

I am officially a J Crew Jackie convert.  This is a great sweater.  TTS.  No stretching after a long day. I couldn't be happier with this Cardigan.  True, I can't wear it outside in 110 degree F weather, but it's perfect for the ice box temps in the office.  So great in fact, I ordered another in Laquer Yellow.  I'm on the verge of a third very soon.


Shop the Jackie Cardigan by J Crew - some colors on sale.

Finest Hour Heels - by Miss Albright - Anthro Orig $158 Sale $80 Burlingame CA Peggy - May 2011

My office has a long tile hallway that runs dead center down the middle.  There have times when I attempted to soundlessly tip-toe my way to the Powder Room. Yes ladies, I was wearing wooden clogs.  So you must imagine my happiness to discover how quiet the Finest Hour Heels are.  Now I can joyfully skip my way to the Potty with no embarrassing clang, clang.

My Clank-Proof Clogs are showing signs of love.........right up front. 

Anthro has an almost exact pair of Miss Albright's, although much higher, on sale HERE.


Tippi Dress - by Anna Sui - Anthro Orig $268 Sale $140 - May 2011
I don't need to tell you how much I love this Dress.  Many Ladies had a desire for this dress that was strongly associated with Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds."  The last time I watched this rather disturbing Sci-Fi movie I was just a kid. I caught the tail end of the movie about a week after I received my Tippi.  It's still disturbing.

It almost seems silly to tell you this, because I've never felt anything like this from a piece of clothing.

The Tippi Dress mesmerizes me. I'm fascinated by the shadowed, scene that circles the skirt. The dress is Wispy, When a breeze catches the delicate Silk Skirt, it ripples like water.  I feel pretty just by wearing it.

Isn't that exactly what a dress should do?

Do you have a Dress that does something special like this for you?
Does it have a name? 

and finally....

What did I borrow from the Mompos dress to wear with the Tippi?

Anthro Sister Dress Love, Laura (lauramartinsemail@yahoo.com)