Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Leifsdottir Scarf Scene! My Big Chick!

Here comes the Fastest Post in the West!

Anthro's Scarf Scene Dress by Leifsdottir! My favorite detail is the Romantic Slip under the Silk Shell. Wish you could see it.

Scarf Scene Dress - by Leifsdottir - Anthro Orig $298 Sale $70 - 2009
Sliver Belt in Green - Anthro Orig $38 Sale $20 - Apr 2011
Via Cardona Wedges in Moss - by Dolce Vita - Anthro Orig $198 Sale $50 - May 2011
Straw Makers Earrings - Orange Carnelian and Purple Jade - Anthro Orig $38 Sale $20 - Jun 2008
 Why haven't I worn this dress in two years?

#1 The dress has an elastic waistband that requires a Belt.  I didn't know how to belt over anything until last Summer.  Especially a dress. Does that sound weird? I now have the perfect belt. Anthro's Sliver Belt in Green.

Oh, and thanks to many of you for all those great belted outfits, I now have lessons...under my belt, so to speak.



the Cowl style neckline does Busty me no favors. Those folds of fabric had to go away.

#2  I wasn't impressed by the sagging cowl on this dress.  The folds of silk dipped too low and didn't sit nicely.  I restructured the loose neckline by pulling up the excess fabric in front, creating a pleat at each corner, and after some careful folding, I whip stitched the extra fabric behind the straps.  This created a modest, flattering, squared off neckline.  I probably would not have done this if I hadn't scored this dress on Pop Back at 2nd cut. 

I could tell that the dress had been a return that had been worn more than once. 

Scarf Scene Dress - by Leifsdottir - Anthro Orig $298 Sale $70 - 2009
Sliver Belt in Green - Anthro Orig $38 Sale $20 - Apr 2011



I love how the Green Ribbons peek out of the neckline of my sweater.

Scarf Scene Dress - by Leifsdottir - Anthro Orig $298 Sale $70 - June 2011
Factory Ruffled Celosia Cardi - by J Crew - Orig $70 Sale $45 - Mar 2011
Sliver Belt in Green - Anthro Orig $38 Sale $20 - Apr 2011
Via Cardona Wedges in Moss - by Dolce Vita - Anthro Orig $198 Sale $50 - May 2011
Straw Makers Earrings - Orange Carnelian and Purple Jade - Anthro Orig $38 Sale $20 - Jun 2008 


#3  Several times over the last 2 years I was prepared to wear this dress. But a Cardi is a must for the office. I tried different colors and styles.  None did the dress favors. Until this Morning.  I tried my Ruffled Celosio. I honestly thought no way, too much Coral.  I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome.  I balanced the Coral with the Green Belt and Wedges. For the first time in two years I am happy with this outfit. And I have Jamie of Thrifty Threads to thank.  She inspired with her outfit HERE.


Via Cardona Wedges in Moss - by Dolce Vita - Anthro Orig $198 Sale $50 - May 2011

 See Tien of Adiaphane wearing her Leifsdottir Scarf Scene Dress HERE.


I am hopping on a bus to have breakfast in the middle of California's Largest Oil and Gas Field.  We are celebrating the 100th Birthday of the discovery well. This field has the honors of a rich history.  Red Adare put out oil well fires here.  John Wayne stared in that movie.  The US Navy owned this field until we took over in 1998. No PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) required today!  Happy Thursday!

Anthro Sister Love, Laura (lauramartinsemail@yahoo.com)