Tuesday, February 22, 2011

No Anthro Zone Review! The Fluttering Obi Dress by Corey Lynn Calter

I was hoping to love this dress as much as Corey Lynn Calter's Fragrant Valley Dress.  That is not the case. This dress didn't look great on the Anthro model. Since models aren't built like the rest of us, I expected a different fit.  But it really wasn't. This would have made a very nice SILK ROBE.

Fluttering Obi Dress - by Corey Lynn Calter - Anthro Orig $198 Sale $100 - Feb 2011

Pros: lovely silk, contrasting belt, pockets, corey lynn calter

 
Cons: poor style for silk, size down one or two sizes, belt too short, length too long, neckline too low, frumpy 

SIZE:  I ordered my normal size 4. I'm 5'6" Tall, 130 lbs, 36-28-35, with narrow shoulders. I worried I would need a size 6.  HA-HA!



Fluttering Obi Dress - by Corey Lynn Calter - Anthro Orig $198 Sale $100 - Feb 2011

FIT: The Fragrant Valley ran small. Mine is a size 6. I really needed a 2 for this dress. It's very large everywhere. As you can see in my photos, the straps of my Anthro Reversible Camisole in Ivory are showing at the side.  Why? The neckline is too low, and wide across my narrow shoulders.  Even the hips are too wide.  The elastic waist was fine.  And as expected from reading the online reviews, the belt attached in back does not wrap all the way to the front. The length is just above my knees.
Fluttering Obi Dress - by Corey Lynn Calter - Anthro Orig $198 Sale $100 - Feb 2011

DETAILS: You could detach the belt with one snip than wrap it from front to back instead.  Then the back of the dress can be ugly. They just didn't make the belt long enough. The pockets are frumpy.  Even the sleeves were just too big.



Fluttering Obi Dress - by Corey Lynn Calter - Anthro Orig $198 Sale $100 - Feb 2011

FABRIC: Love the print, but it's much too thin.  Looks beautiful, and feels wonderful.  But not the right choice for this style dress.

This dress is not worth a $100 to me.  It's not even worth the effort to store search a 2 since the smaller sizes are now sold out online  If this gets a 2nd cut to $40 I might keep an eye out for a POP BACK in size 2. But I'm not convinced I would like it enough at $40.

Shop the Fluttering Obi Dress by Corey Lynn Calter HERE

Next review is the Draped Denim Dress which I absolutely love.  I am wearing it to today!


Draped Denim Dress - by Maeve - Anthro Orig $128 Sale $70 - Feb 2011


Anthro Sister Love, Laura (lauramartinsemail)@yahoo.com