Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Parfait of Sunshine! APB Update - Thank you Kavita!


How much would you pay for Sunshine in a Jar?
If UV rays cause skin cancer and age the skin, why does the early morning Sun remove 10 years?
It's a conspiracy I tell you.  If it's bad for you, it will always make you look good.  
I would pay major bucks for a jar of Sunshine.
I'm talking about several Anthro Dresses worth of Sunshine in a Jar. 




Do you remember this Sesame Street Game?
"One of these things is not like the other.  One of these things just is not the same."
Replace One with Three.  Take a closer look at the photo below.  Let's start the game...




I didn't notice #1 until this afternoon when I was in front of a mirror.
Look under my arm just above my Yellow High Gloss Belt.  What the heck is that?
OMG!  Give that a little Valley Girl twist when you say it.  
My dress is ripped at the seam.  When I saw it, I knew exactly how it happened.
I have not worn the Overcast Dress by Maeve in almost a year.
It's stretchy, but apparently not enough to PULL OVER MY HIPS.
Big dummy...I forgot it has a side zip.  How funny is that?  Not very, if I didn't know how to sew.

Occasionally I spot this dress on eBay.  It's a great dress or would not still be in my closet and worn on this blog.  It's over 3 years old and going strong, once I mend the seam.  Machine Wash Tumble Dry.  Requires ironing, but once it's done only needs a touch up.  And the fabric has nice give.  Just not enough for my hips.  Ha-ha!





#2 and #3 are harder to spot.  It's something I forgot to do.
If you didn't know this dress, it wouldn't be obvious.
The last time I wore this dress (photo above) I didn't forget to do it.
Count the buttons. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6!
 I FORGOT TO BUTTON TWO BUTTONS.
How old am I?  Um FIVE!

Insert Desperate APB Plea HERE...Update!


Verdant Slip Dress - by Moulinette Soeurs - Anthro $138 - April 2011


My friend and Fellow Anthro Reviewer Anastasia is looking for a Verdant Slip Dress by Moulinette Soeurs. She would prefer size 6.  If you see one, please contact her at
aahelton@gmail.com

I can't thank Kavita enough for finding Anastasia a Verdant Slip Dress.
Kavita will receive Rubies and Diamonds in heaven for all the fabulous work she has done for my Readers and the entire community in general.
We are lucky to count her as one of our own!
Overcast Dress - by Maeve - Anthro Orig $128 Sale $60 - May 2009
Jackie Cardi in Laquer Yellow - by J Crew - $62 - June 2011
Reversible Seamless Tank in Turquoise - by Eloise - Anthro Orig $25 Sale $20 - July 2011
Wide Scalloped Embroidery Slip Cream - Etsy A Slip Shop - Sale $18.75 - June 2011
High Gloss Belt in Yellow - Anthro $28 - Apr 2011

Marine Depths Wedges 39 - by Maypole- Anthro Orig $148 Sale $80 - Aug 2011All Leather Handbag in Ink - by Orla Kiely  AW08 - PerriBerri Orig $620 Sale $400 - April 2009
Blooming Tendril Necklace - Anthro Orig $188 Sale $80 - Apr 2009

I was going for a Layered Parfait look in today's outfit.  The Overcast Dress is Cherry Gelatin topped with Lime Topping played by Anthro's Reversible Tank in Turquoise (pretend it's Green - and it covers my cleavage nicely).  The High Glossed Belt represents Lemon in the middle, and the Whipped Topping on the bottom is my Scalloped Hem Half Slip from Etsy Shop - A Slip Shop.  One of the best solutions for a short dress or skirt I have ever found.

I couldn't leave the most comfortable pair of shoes (besides my new Nightshades Heels by Chie Mihara) behind this morning.  The Marine Depth Wedges received a good old fashioned Blog breaking in at the park. Wet grass, puddles, dirt, mud, everything the Killer Kern is best known for. Yep!  My son and I rafted it last year with a floater in the water.  Besides abundant drownings almost daily.  No worries!  I gave them a liberal helping of suede protector first thing today at 4 am. Brushed them clean once I was inside the office.

I couldn't believe what a perfect match Little Miss Orla Kiely was to The Marine Depth Wedges. These shoes were another Pop Back on sale in my Wish List.  My size sold out long before making sale.  Between these and the Nightshades, I fear my Pop Back luck will soon dry up.  That's when I will need your assistance.

If you haven't been able to find a pair in stores, you can haunt/stalk the Product Page for a Pop Back HERE.  Online returns should start appearing soon.  If any!



Overcast Dress - by Maeve - Anthro Orig $128 Sale $60 - May 2009
Jackie Cardi in Laquer Yellow - by J Crew - $62 - June 2011
Reversible Seamless Tank in Turquoise - by Eloise - Anthro Orig $25 Sale $20 - July 2011
Wide Scalloped Embroidery Slip Cream - Etsy A Slip Shop - Sale $18.75 - June 2011
High Gloss Belt in Yellow - Anthro $28 - Apr 2011

Marine Depths Wedges 39 - by UKN - Anthro Orig $148 Sale $80 - Aug 2011Blooming Tendril Necklace - Anthro Orig $188 Sale $80 - Apr 2009

The idea for the above photo is compliments of Midory of Shopping for Two.  I saw her photo on Kim's Anthroholic Readers Submissions last night.  I am so happy to see my favorite inspirational post back in action.  As you may have noticed,  GeoInCalifornia #2 is a bit weak on brightness.  If I went darker the sky was even more obviously out of whack.

I think Kim hung onto my submission for 2 months.  It's a fabulous photo by Kris of Kristine Ko Creative Studios, taken during our Collaborative Photo Shoot Part I and Part II a few months ago.  It goes hand in hand with my header photo and the Mompos Dress.  

This weekend I will see Kris once again when we meet at the fabulous 3rd Street Promenade Anthropologie in Santa Monica CA.  Along with Heidi, Liza and Joni, we are planning on having some good old fashioned shopping time together.  

Imagine this...I have not been in a Brick and Mortar in almost 1.5 years.  Are you wondering how it is I manage to rank as a Top 10 Reviewer?  So am I.  Look for actual in store Dressing Room Reviews over the Labor Day Weekend.  "What no fireplace in the background?" Liza said.

Marine Depths Wedges 39 - by UKN - Anthro Orig $148 Sale $80 - Aug 2011
All Leather Handbag in Ink Handstiched Patent Pink - by Orla Kiely  AW08 - PerriBerri Orig $620 Sale $400 - April 

Not the best photo of the morning.  Considering I spent about 25 minutes taking 25 photos. More Styles for Anthropologie's Overcast Dress by Meave from 2010...

Overcast Dress by Meave
Proscenium Cardi by Splendid
Pin Dot Tights by Eloise
Delphi Hippodrome Belt
Malted Barley Boots by Area Forte

See Full Post HERE



Overcast Dress by Meave
Blushing Bouquet Cardi by Sparrow
Underlined Heels by Coclico
Magic Carousel Necklace Etsy
Derby Bracelet Etsy
All LEather Handbag Ink by OK

See Full Post HERE
































I woke up to really great sale this morning.  See what I picked up on sale HERE.


Did you Ladies find anything amazing on sale?

Have an outfit mishap story to tell? 

I must apologize to all my Blogger friends.  I have been missing in action lately.  I hope to catch up with blog rounds tomorrow night.  Between planning for 2 blog events this month and work, I am swamped.  I've managed a few comments sporadically.  Please except my apologies and know that I am making every attempt to try and keep up with my commitments.

Anthro Sister Love, Laura (lauramartinsemail@yahoo.com)