Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dedicated to Anthropologie Mind, Body and Soul! For Anthro Bloggers!

I'm devastated by the financial news surrounding Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters.  Article HERE.  This isn't the first time I've heard such reports.  Here is how I hope to make a difference.

My goal is to buy less Anthropologie.   

You heard correctly!  Now please hear me out...

Take Action Dress - by Girls From Savoy - Anthro $168 - April 2011
Jackie Cardi in Laquer Yellow - by J Crew - $62 - June 2011
Sasha Pump - by B Makowsky - Macy*s Orig $134 Sale $104, FS Promo - Sept 2010
Quilted Patent Ivy Stem Print In Black - by Orla Kiely AW10 - PerriBerri Orig $495 Sale $278 - April 2011
Bits of Ice Bracelet - Anthro Orig $48 Sale $5 Hidden Catalog Stock - Apr 2010
Black Stud Belt from Eva Franco Archer Dress - Aug 2011


Anthro has been trying to tell us something for months.  For example...the Take Action Dress in Polka Dot I wore on Wednesday.  Anthro left us no alternative but to purchase this dress full price. They also told us to grab the Pomflower Shift and the Mompos Dress before it was gone.  Have you noticed how fast the Fall line-up of Chie Mihara's is selling out.

The Nightshades Heels are gone... at full price

 The Points of Light Heels are just about gone... at full price

Anthro is stocking only a few pairs in each size of these very expensive items.  They would rather sell out than put these items on sale.  Granted, you can find these items elsewhere.  That isn't going to keep Anthro in Business.  So what will?

I plan to purchase as much full priced Anthropologie as my budget will allow 

Which means in the long run I will have less Anthro in my closet  

So be it



Now You See Me

Do you see the connection? Then feel free to follow my lead.

If the Fall line-up is not everything Anthro has promised it will be, we will all be returning to the Medieval Pre-Anthro Mall shopping days.  It was worse than torture then!  Even more so now that we have experienced Anthropologie.  It's my daily motivation I can't happily live without.



Now you don't 

This is where Anthropologie will be if we don't do something soon.  I am happy to do this alone.  At least I can stand up and say I tried to make a difference.

Truth is... I can't make a difference by myself

It takes an entire community to save a town

I know this isn't what you want to hear.  But you do need to hear it.  I'm just a small Anthro Blogger carrying a big message that contains a hopeful suggestion.





Why does it feel appropriate to show my lace edged shorts in Black and White?


Take Action Dress - by Girls From Savoy - Anthro $168 - April 2011
Sasha Pump - by B Makowsky - Macy*s Orig $134 Sale $104, FS Promo - Sept 2010
Quilted Patent Ivy Stem Print In Black - by Orla Kiely AW10 - PerriBerri Orig $495 Sale $278 - April 2011


Please shop at Anthropologie tomorrow.  Don't make your goal to fill your closet with as much as it will hold.  Instead, buy those special full priced Fall items that you really want.

I purchased a full price Dress Tuesday HERE

I will no longer link back to other retailers on this blog.
Not until the day I know that Anthro is sound in collective mind, body and soul.  

Nor do I plan to shop anywhere but Anthro
Sorry J Crew and Modcloth
I am a Proud Anthropologie Blogger in my Heart

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the employees and their families that depend on the success of Anthropologie.

On Friday I will share a very special happy ending with all of you...

Anthro Sister Love, Laura  (lauramartinsemail@yahoo.com)