Tuesday, September 27, 2011

GeoInNewYorkCity! I'm Back!

Hi....


View from the 22nd floor of the Helmsely Park Lane Hotel on Central Park South. I chose City over Park view.  How fun is that choice?




The corner of 5th Ave. and West 57th Street as I walked from my Central Park Hotel to Rockefeller Center.











Unconditional Osier Dress Precise Bow Belt



I admired the windows at the Rockefeller Center Anthropologie as I waited for Roxy of Effortless Anthropologie and others to arrive.







No photos of the EA Shopping Event.  I respect that the Event is Roxy's gig.



Alice's Tea Cup

An amazing array of Tea's, scones, finger sandwiches, and dessert delights. More than 7 hungry shoppers could ever eat.

After lunch with Roxy and other EA shoppers, Kelly of Fashion Fuel and I headed out to meet up with two more of my favorite NYC Bloggers.


1

2


3


4

A quick visit to Saks on 5th Ave. to fulfil a promise I made.  I admit these photos are particularly comical with those horrid security locks dangling over my nose. He-he! Which pair do you like?

On to the American Museum of Natural History.  Our first stop was the Hayden Planetarium to see "Journey to The Stars" narrated by Whoopi Goldburg.  This was to fulfil a promise to my Mother.  As a child living in Brooklyn, she rode the Subway every weekend to visit the museum long before the Planetarium was built. No photos were allowed inside.  It was an experience I fully enjoyed.







Topaz

Lucy


I couldn't believe my luck when I walked past and did a double take on this display as we left the museum. Meet Lucy, a 3.2 million year-old, 40% complete fossil skeleton of an Australopithecus discovered in 1974.  I was 14 years old.  I remember the day they announced the discovery. They named her Lucy because The Beatles Song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" had been playing repeatedly from a tape recorder.  They had no idea of the importance of their discovery that day. The oldest remains of upright man (or woman) to date.

.
The American Museum of Natural History - Rock and Minerals Hall



Meet my tour guides. These are the ladies that I am thrilled to have met in NYC. Starting with me on the Left, Kelly of Fashion Fuel, Jamie of Thrifty Threads NYC, and Stephanie of Bar Chic.

These three Lovely Bloggers, now friends, showed me the way around like a true New Yorker.

We shared: a warm and muggy Sunday; a trip through the Hayden Planetarium; more walking than my poor feet could handle; a ditched effort to ride the Subway Sauna; a cab ride with a loud, political minded Nigerian/American cab driver; and my very heavy Anthropologie bag.

This last weekend I was in two cities at the same time as our President. 

Any questions?  Because I left a lot open to comments.  Oh like....What did I try on at Anthro?  Ha-ha!
Just for openers.

Anthro Sister Love NYC, Laura (lauramartinsemail)@yahoo.com