Saturday, July 23, 2011

University of Anthro! Positive Rotation and a New #1 Dress!

Anthropologie's Fragrant Valley Dress by Corey Lynn Calter
Happy Saturday Dear Readers!


I set out early Friday Morning for the campus of my Alma Mater.  It was the final day of my week long Ops Geology Class. The focus for the day on the role of the Ops Geologist in Drilling.



Fragrant Valley Dress - by Corey Lynn Calter - Anthro Orig $198 Sale $99 - June 2010
California State University Bakersfield (CSUB) Amphitheater

It was time to break out a new spin on my morning photo routine.  I'm certain you will see a noticeable change in my rotation. Perhaps more like my former self.  I worked my faithful tripod and camera remote. Does this pose above remind you of Super Woman preparing to lift the Amphitheater into the Blue?  I wasn't going for that.  It's my way of saying TGIF. 

I graduated in 1994 with my B.S. in Geology (Environmental Studies) and accepted my diploma on this very same slab of concrete, minus a roof.  CSUB hosts the Bakersfield Jazz Festival on this very spot.  By day and under the stars.

I'm wearing Anthro's Fragrant Valley Dress by Corey Lynn Calter.  This dress alone, can correct negative forces, and reverse a spin in the positive direction. 

It falls #3 on my All Time Favorite Dress List. Unfortunately booted from the #1 spot by a Half Sister the Atlantic-Pacific Dress from Modcloth now in the #2 position.



Fragrant Valley Dress - by Corey Lynn Calter - Anthro Orig $198 Sale $99 - June 2010
Woven Buds Belts - Anthro - Aug 2010
Infinite Loop Sandals - by Matt Bernson - Anthro Orig $178 Sale $100 - May 2009
Shining Eddie Bracelet in Purple - by Tataborello - Anthro Orig $218 Sale $100 - June 2010
First Class Citrine and Sterling - Etsy Shop bm1coastsbeadworks $22 - Sept 2009

See me wearing the Atlantic-Pacitic Dress HERE.  

Shop The Atlantic-Pacific at Modcloth HERE.

Um...no that isn't the Robot Johnny 5 from Short Circuit.



It's the lean shadow of my haphazard photographer.   Today he has managed to cast his shadow away from me. I'm completely to blame for his shadow blunder HERE.

Are you wondering what Dress has rocketed to #1?
The answer it imminent!


Shining Eddie Bracelet in Purple - by Tataborello - Anthro Orig $218 Sale $100 - June 2010


I had no idea The Fragrant Valley Dress had Flower Seeking Capabilities.  Not only that, it appears to seek it's own kind.  Irises.  Such special powers are spared for Anthro's Shining Eddie Bracelet by Tataborello.  

I stopped here to Enjoy.



Fragrant Valley Dress - by Corey Lynn Calter - Anthro Orig $198 Sale $99 - June 2010
Infinite Loop Sandals - by Matt Bernson - Anthro Orig $178 Sale $100 - May 2009

I could not have asked for this bank of flower stalks and leaves in the most brilliant shade of Greenest Green. From now on, this dress is hear by declared my Lucky Dress?  Not only that, my Toe Nail Polish is aptly named...get this... Ivy League.

I swear I didn't plan this. OK!  To call my school Ivy League is a huge stretch. Oh the Luck of it all.

I have contemplated rubbing my hands on my FVD and casting a first Wish in hopes a Genie will appear.  My first Wish? More Anthro Dear Genie!



Sailboat Skirt - by Odille - Anthro $78 - June 2011
Who's-Got-the-Button Top in White - by Pilcro - Anthro Orig $58 Sale $30 - July 2011
Mini Ruffle Cardigan in Blue Glow - by Banana Republic - Orig $60 Sale $50 - Mar 2011
Sliver Belt in Pink - Anthro Orig $38 Sale $20 - Apr 2011
Highest Vista Platforms in Navy - by Frye - Anthro Orig $188 Sale $99 - May 2009
Copper Goddess 5x Leather Wrap - Etsy Crea Vita Designs $90 - May 2009 
Glitzy Starfish Earrings - Anthro $80 - Feb 2010

I digress back to Thursday. At which time I am wearing Anthro's Sailboat Skirt by Odille with the Who's-Got-The-Button Top by Pilcro in White.  The sizng is true.  There is a narrow section up the front and center that is slightly sheer, with a double layer on each side.  The sides under the arm are also single layer and sheer.  You will need to layer over or under.

Shop Anthro's Sailboat Skirt 0-10 HERE.

Shop Anthro's Who's-Got-The-Button Top in Red All Sizes HERE.

The Ops Geology Class focused on Pressures and Fluids in the Drilling Environment.  During class I noticed a Young Gal wearing Anthro's Amplified Stripes Blouse in Red.  If it pertains to Anthro, it qualifies as note worthy.



Sailboat Skirt - by Odille - Anthro $78 - June 2011
Mini Ruffle Cardigan in Blue Glow - by Banana Republic - Orig $60 Sale $50 - Mar 2011
Copper Goddess 5x Leather Wrap - Etsy Shop Crea Vita Designs $90 - May 2009 

Today I had the opportunity to meet up with a Local Reader.  Allison is from the Small Mountain community of Lake Isabella, an hours drive to the East of Bakersfield. She and her 3-year old son Brady met me on campus to pick up the En Plein Air Dress that was too Small for me. We chatted for a few minutes.  She has the most gorgeous Red hair and perfect skin tones to show off the Brilliant, Colorful Print of Eva Franco's Dress.  She was a pleasure to meet.  I hope to see her again in the future.


Highest Vista Platforms in Navy - by Frye - Anthro Orig $188 Sale $99 - May 2009

Green Toes once again!



Who's-Got-the-Button Top in White - by Pilcro - Anthro Orig $58 Sale $30 - July 2011
Glitzy Starfish Earrings - Anthro $80 - Feb 2010



If you look closely to your Left, at my Right ear, you will catch a glimpse of a Glitzy Starfish Earring.





Have you lost patience?  






Are you at the edge of your seat? 






Can you guess the identity of #1?






...a dress so flattering, 






...so versatile






 ...so exceptional






...it has thrown down the top competitor's on it's rise to #1.








I can't wait to show you on Monday!




Ha-ha!




I would love to hear your Educated Guess!








Anthro Sister Love My #1 Dress, Laura
(lauramartinsemail@yahoo.com)