Sunday, July 17, 2011

No Anthro Zone Review: Head Over Heels for Apple Pie Mary Janes!

Apple Pie Mary Janes - By Poetic Licence - Endless Shoes Orig $98 Sale $68 - July 2011

Polka Dot Be They Name


On sale they are too tempting to ignore.

No Anthro Zone Review:  Apple Pie Mary Janes in Blue - by Poetic Licence - Endless Shoes Orig $98 Sale $68   

I ordered my normal size US 8. Despite the fact that the heel is fairly low, I found my foot sliding forward against the slick insole.  It was then I checked the shoe, and discovered that the bottom is clearly marked EUR 39, While the inside reads US 8M.
  
The Endless Size Chart claims US 8 equals EUR 38 
In my experience US 8 equals EUR 38.5 or UK 38.5.  So I was confused.
Endless sent me the correct size shoe according to the Manufacturer's Conversion on the shoe.

I checked my Poetic Licence Backlash (Anthro's Lass and Laddie Oxfords) and they are also marked US 8 on the inside and EUR 39 on the bottom. I put them side by side. The Apple Pie Mary Janes are 1/2 an inch longer. That explains it.

The Product Page for this shoe is listed in US sizes. I recommend sizing down one 1/2 size.  So if you wear US 8, order US 7.5.  The sizing may not be consistent with other Poetic Licence shoes in your closet.

Available is Blue sizes 8-10
 $64 with free 2-day ship at Endless HERE



Available is all Colors and Sizes
 $54 with $6 ship at 6PM HERE

Pink and Black available 
 $64 with free ship at Zappos HERE

Apple Pie Mary Janes - By Poetic Licence - Endless Shoes Orig $98 Sale $68 - July 2011
More Details....

I adore the curved shape under the arch for Poetic Licence pumps this year.  The heel is not too dainty, nor too chunky. The height is just right for a vintage inspired 40's pump.  Overall, the styling speaks clearly.

The vamp strap is elastic with a decorative Gold Apple Button. The glitter is glossed over, so it will not chip. The Endless Details Tab describes the Button as a closure.  However, it is non functioning.

I describe the Blue as Aqua or even Cyan.  The Pink Polka Dots are Bright.  Almost Neon.  The White Polkas are not Pure White.  The fabric has a slightly rough, nubby texture that is appropriate.  

My foot is medium at the front and narrow through the arch and heel.  The shoe feels wide toward the back.
These may not work well for a Narrow Foot.  The vamp strap is not tight at all.  Which is how it should be, or these would hurt without tights. The strap does prevent my heel from slipping out of the shoe.  A very good thing.

The toe box has ample wiggle room. Neither the heel or sides caused a problem.  I did have pain in one toe from sliding forward and hitting the front of the shoe.


I don't expect these to last forever.  But, with proper care and attention (be careful where you walk) these should look good for a few years.  

I added Foot Petal Inserts for additional cushion 
and to prevent my foot from sliding forward and jamming my toes to the front.


  I also applied Fabric Protector before wearing them outdoors.  I plan to re-apply often, after using a soft brush to remove dry dust and debris.


My shoes arrived late the night before. When I opened the box in the morning, there was no turning back.   So I threw this outfit together in 5 minutes. So versatility is clearly not an issue.





Sketchwork Tee - by Dreamy Dances Beneath Starry Skies Wandering Through Perfume Gardens 
Anthro Orig $58 Sale $30 - Oct 2009
Ruffled Denim Skirt - by Leifsdottir - Anthro Orig $158 Sale $70 - July 2009
Jackie Cardi in Laquer Yellow - by J Crew - $62 - June 2011
High Gloss Belt in Sky - Anthro $28 - Apr 2011
Apple Pie Mary Jane Pump in Blue - by Poetic Licence - Endless Orig $98 Sale $68 - July 2011



Something about Aqua and Yellow makes me swoon.


Would you wear these Polka Dot Shoes?

Anthro Sister Polka Dot Love, Laura (lauramartinsemail@yahoo.com)