Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Anthro's Soft Pour Sweater Dress! Nefi's Debut!



Anthropologie's Soft Pour Sweater Dress circa 2007 $188 - by Sleeping on Snow - EA $65 - Oct 2011

This dress draws attention.  It was hooked first time I saw it on Heidi.  It continued to get my attention over the years. Heidi is the young lady that introduced me to Anthropologie over 3 years ago.


I found this dress on Effortless Anthropologie's Buy/Sell/Trade.  The seller wore it once. The original price was $188. I purchased this like-new dress for $65 with ship. Since the dress is a Medium and fits loose, I went with a structured belt instead of the matching sash. I layered a stretchy T-shirt and long shorts underneath as a barrier against the itchy wool.


Soft Pour Sweater Dress circa 2007 $188 - by Sleeping on Snow - EA $65 - Oct 2011
Sulky Belt in Blue - Anthro Orig $48 Sale $30 - March 2011
All Leather Handbag - by Orla Kiely AW08 - PerriBerri Orig $620 Sale $400 - April 2009
Bowed Lacerta Mary Janes - by Miss Albright - Anthro $168 - Sept 2011
Old World Cuff in Orange - Anthro $58 - Oct 2011

My 23 year old son wants me to meet his girlfriend. I actually squealed when I read his text. Girls have never been important to Camden.  There aren't too many girls that enjoy playing paintball in 110 degree heat from sun up until sun down. They aren't much for Dungeons and Dragons either. His point of view has always been that girls require too much time and effort. I have met only one friend that was a girl.  He passionately denied that she was his girlfriend. 

Not this time. The term girlfriend was most definitely used.  I have it in writing.  He-he! 
He did volunteer that she doesn't work with him.  




Soft Pour Sweater Dress circa 2007 $188 - by Sleeping on Snow - EA $65 - Oct 2011
All Leather Handbag - by Orla Kiely AW08 - PerriBerri Orig $620 Sale $400 - April 2009
Bowed Lacerta Mary Janes - by Miss Albright - Anthro $168 - Sept 2011
Old World Cuff in Orange - Anthro $58 - Oct 2011


I offered to buy lunch. I asked for a name. I was told I would have to wait until Friday. Oh, and I am not to be nosey.  Bah-ha-ha!  I'm the least nosey Mother alive. 

The nerve of me to be seen wearing THE Stepford Wives Heels.  As far as I know, I am the only person in Bakersfield CA that has a pair of Bowed Lacerta Mary Janes, so not very Stepford Wives-ish are they?

Shop the Bowed Lacerta Mary Janes by Miss Albright HERE

After about a 1/2 dozen attempts to find a pair with no obvious defects, that also fit, I finally had success with an online order.  I have worn this pair of shoes at least once a week since I got them.  So they have turned out to be both versatile and comfortable.  They were worth the time and effort to find.


Old World Cuff in Orange - Anthro $58 - Oct 2011
This Cuff isn't what I expected.  For $58 I expected the Cuff in the online image.  The one I received isn't as feminine. There is no contrasting Purple layer underneath. I was about to complain because I don't have the option to chose, when I returned to the product page and realized that this item is an online exclusive. 



I can't get the Gray and Purple bow out of my mind. If I had the time, I would make it myself.  But I doubt the bow would end up presentable.  And it's doubtful I could find Jacquard that looks anything like the online version I'm obsessing over.  

 
Soft Pour Sweater Dress 2007-by Sleeping on Snow - Anthro EA $65-Oct 2011
Sulky Belt in Blue - Anthro Orig $48 Sale $30 - March 2011
All Leather Handbag - by Orla Kiely AW08 - PerriBerri Orig $620 Sale $400 - April 2009
Bowed Lacerta Mary Janes 7.5 - by Miss Albright - Anthro $168 - Sept 2011
Old World Cuff Orange - Anthro $58 - Oct 2011
I searched Fabric Bow Cuffs on Etsy.  You can see what I can get for $38 HERE, for $59 HERE, and for $118 HERE.

I was not impressed.  In fact, I'm now inclined to keep my Old World Cuff from Anthro. With the option to order a few just to see what I get.

What do you think I should do?

Shop Anthro's Old World Cuff HERE




Here's Nefi in her first starring role.

Anthro Sister Love My Bunny Rabbit, Laura (lauramartinsemail@yahoo.com)