Friday, December 23, 2011

A White Elephant Gift Exchange Gone Bad! APB Eastward Dress Coat in Small!

***Please let me know if you see, or are planning to return, an Eastward Dress Coat in size Small***
(lauramartinsemail@yhoo.com)

Don't you just hate it when this happens?

There were at least Thirty people participating in a White Elephant Gift Exchange. We drank unfiltered Saki, ate lobster and steak fired up on a 2x4 foot hibachi, by a knife wielding cook, throwing hot mustard and flames, as we roasted against a plate glass window in the late afternoon.  

Ha-ha....On My Birthday no less!  

I bring a safe gift that is at least useful to all.  (a $20 Target gift card)  I draw #2.  Gift #1 was shot glasses.  A pass for me.  

So what do I do?  

I chose a new gift that turns out to be...
A White Elephant Gift Exchange!




The Reindeer Hat by Dan Dee Choice Collectibles
Jackie Cardi in Dark Rosewood - by J Crew - $62 - July 2011
Moonglow Necklace in Pink - Anthro Orig $48 Sale $20 - 2008
Monhegan Wide-Legs - by Cartonnier - Anthro Orig $228 Promo Sale $52 - Dec 2011
Eastward Dress Coat - by Lauren Moffatt - Anthro Orig $288 Sale Promo $56 - Dec 2011
Selene Clogs in Bronze - by Rachel Comey - Anthro Orig $368 Sale $100 - Nov 2011



Ladies!  It dances.  It lights up!  It plays..."Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer."  Oh yes it does.  BTW, I'm not a Grandma.


There was no hope that anyone would steal this dancing hat full of awesomeness away from me.  I couldn't even find an image of this Dan Dee Choice Collectible.  It's out there now, because I put it there.


I'll be scouring Lowe's for this wicked little Garden Gnome this weekend. 


In the mean time, I must admit, the hat is growing on me.  


What's the worst or best White Elephant Gift you ever gave or received?


I hope you are all doing well this holiday season.


Anthro Sister Love, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!